I admit to feeling confused. There are so many mixed messages coming to us on television, radio and in the newspaper. Taking the position of ambivalence is like being suspended in mid-air. Which way are things going? Up? Down? Sideways? The dichotomy of opinions is downright perplexing. On one hand there are all sorts of ads and festive commercials for the upcoming holiday season. They are balanced by announcements of cancellations of insurance coverage and huge tax increases taking effect on Jan. 1, 2013.The “Fiscal Cliff” seems to be only half the equation of American living. Are we falling into …
Ann Bednarski: Who is minding the store?
- Weather impact: I-580 back open in Washoe Valley; state workers sent home; WNC cancels classes
- Snow keeps falling, numerous crashes reported
- Jason Richard Thrift victim in fatal Gardnerville shooting
- Snow blankets Carson as cold front comes in
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested for allegedly knifing tires