The Department of Motor Vehicles is warning against a telephone sales pitch circulating in Northern Nevada. Callers sometimes say DMV records indicate the motorist is overpaying on insurance. At other times, callers have identified themselves as DMV employees. The callers offer discounted auto insurance and ask for information about the motorist’s vehicles. Often, the caller will leave a message with a return phone number of 775-473-1342. Other numbers have been reported.The DMV does not ask for personal information and insurance records are strictly confidential. Motorists should not give their personal information over the telephone unless they are sure they are dealing with a legitimate company. To verify if an insurance agent or company is legitimate, call 888-872-3234 or go to doi.nv.gov.
- The voices of Western Nevada College: Morres, Graham reflect on their time with Wildcat athletics
- Briefs filed with 9th Circuit in 1995 Carson City murder case
- The meaning of relationships and hopes
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of felony domestic battery
- Lyon County Sheriff's Office seeking missing Dayton woman