The Department of Motor Vehicles is warning against a telephone sales pitch circulating in Northern Nevada. Callers sometimes say DMV records indicate the motorist is overpaying on insurance. At other times, callers have identified themselves as DMV employees. The callers offer discounted auto insurance and ask for information about the motorist’s vehicles. Often, the caller will leave a message with a return phone number of 775-473-1342. Other numbers have been reported.The DMV does not ask for personal information and insurance records are strictly confidential. Motorists should not give their personal information over the telephone unless they are sure they are dealing with a legitimate company. To verify if an insurance agent or company is legitimate, call 888-872-3234 or go to doi.nv.gov.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City