Cecil and Virginia Hoffman of Carson City will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 5. They were married in 1962 outside of Evanston, Wyo., on Hilliard Flat.Cecil worked on oil rigs until the couple moved to Nevada in 1966. He worked for the Laborer Union Local No. 169 and served as president for 26 years. In 1991 he retired from the union and the AFL-CIO.After working as a banker, Virginia became a stay-at-home mom. In 1983 she became a cook for the Carson City School District and retired in 2000.The couple have three children, Brad Hoffman of Carson City, Bonnie Preston of Carson City and Brian Hoffman of Incline Village. They have two granddaughters, Jessica Preston and Katelynn Lakin of Medford, Ore.
- Carson High School Culinary Arts teacher Penny Reynolds calls it a wrap
- Carson City Planning Commission to take up growth management; medical marijuana; Little Lane development
- Downtown Carson City businesses plan big changes
- Downtown Carson City October paving schedule changed
- Tip leads to multiple Carson City drug arrests