Cecil and Virginia Hoffman of Carson City will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 5. They were married in 1962 outside of Evanston, Wyo., on Hilliard Flat.Cecil worked on oil rigs until the couple moved to Nevada in 1966. He worked for the Laborer Union Local No. 169 and served as president for 26 years. In 1991 he retired from the union and the AFL-CIO.After working as a banker, Virginia became a stay-at-home mom. In 1983 she became a cook for the Carson City School District and retired in 2000.The couple have three children, Brad Hoffman of Carson City, Bonnie Preston of Carson City and Brian Hoffman of Incline Village. They have two granddaughters, Jessica Preston and Katelynn Lakin of Medford, Ore.
- Highway 50 crash at Sheckler injures 2 drivers
- Northern Nevada Correctional Center inmates helping grow sagebrush to restore grouse habitat
- Fallon man receives maximum sentence for I-80 crash
- Proposed Carson City development to be scaled back
- Carson City Assemblyman P.K. O'Neill doesn't attend GOP meeting to defend tax vote