Jim Barmore, director of the Nevada State Museum in Carson City, was elected president of the Nevada Museums Association at its annual training meeting held recently in Virginia City.Other officers elected to two-year terms include Steve Frady of the Comstock Firemen’s Museum, first vice president; Mark Jensen of the Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park, second vice president; Debra Carroll of the Small Business Resource Center, treasurer; Crystal R. Van Dee of the Nevada State Museum Las Vegas, state representative; and Mary Covington of the Nevada State Museum in Carson City, newsletter editor. Sheryln L. Hayes-Zorn of the Nevada Historical Society, is the immediate past president.The Nevada Museums Association is a non-profit organization made up of museum professionals as well as business operators and individuals interested in museums from throughout the state. The association provides support to more than 100 museums statewide by offering learning opportunities through a newsletter, annual training conference and other informational workshops held throughout the year.Among the sessions at this year’s conference were Telling a Good Story, through the American Association for State and Local History; Archival Methods and Materials, by Nevada State Archivist Jeff Kintop; and Keys to a Successful Museum Store by museum store consultant Andrew Andoniadis of Portland, Ore. More information about the Nevada Museums Association is available on its website at www.nevadamuseums.org.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City