An 18-year-old man was stabbed in the vicinity of Colorado and Arizona streets in South Carson Wednesday night.At 9:33 p.m., the Carson City Sheriff’s Office, along with the fire department, were dispatched to a local residence for a stabbing victim.As a result of the alleged incident, a 17-year-old male juvenile was arrested. Sheriff Ken Furlong said the male will be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.The victim was not seriously injured, although he was flown to the Renown Medical Center in Reno for his injuries.“The stab wound was not serious,” Furlong said.The stabbing was the result of a bad drug deal, involving undelivered heroin, Furlong said.“Somebody made a drug purchase that wasn’t delivered,” he said. “Everyone is cooperating.”The suspect was located “attempting to flee from the Northridge subdivision area,” according to the Sheriff’s Office, and he was taken into custody, along with one other, at the corner of Longridge and Northridge drives.Charges on five others involved have been submitted to the District Attorney’s office, he said.Furlong said the incident was not gang related.
- Carson High School Culinary Arts teacher Penny Reynolds calls it a wrap
- Carson City Planning Commission to take up growth management; medical marijuana; Little Lane development
- Downtown Carson City businesses plan big changes
- Tip leads to multiple Carson City drug arrests
- Working to bring disc golf to Carson City