The 19-year-old driver of a dune buggy was killed in a head-on collision with a pickup truck Thursday in Douglas County.According to a press release from Sheriff’s Sgt. Pat Brooks, the dune buggy driver was on Sunrise Pass Road in the Pinenut Mountains when his vehicle slid out of control on the dirt road and drifted into the path of the oncoming truck.He said the dune buggy driver, identified as Daniel Palmer of Minden, was driving at a high rate of speed when the collision occurred near Juniper Valley Road, behind the Johnson Lane subdivision, at 9:30 a.m. Thanksgiving morning.Palmer was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in the dune buggy was flown to a Reno hospital with serious injuries.The driver and passengers in the truck were uninjured.
- Former players, coaches react to end of Western Nevada College baseball
- Closed private road near Carson City's Mexican Dam raises questions
- What they're saying about the end of WNC athletics
- Fallen Carson City Deputy Carl Howell added to Nevada Police Officers Memorial
- Governor, controller exchange words over commerce tax petition