The 19-year-old driver of a dune buggy was killed in a head-on collision with a pickup truck Thursday in Douglas County.According to a press release from Sheriff’s Sgt. Pat Brooks, the dune buggy driver was on Sunrise Pass Road in the Pinenut Mountains when his vehicle slid out of control on the dirt road and drifted into the path of the oncoming truck.He said the dune buggy driver, identified as Daniel Palmer of Minden, was driving at a high rate of speed when the collision occurred near Juniper Valley Road, behind the Johnson Lane subdivision, at 9:30 a.m. Thanksgiving morning.Palmer was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in the dune buggy was flown to a Reno hospital with serious injuries.The driver and passengers in the truck were uninjured.
- Carson City couple flies all over to help provide health care
- Bob McFadden Plaza at Third Street in Carson City opens Saturday
- Services set for Carson residents killed in Monitor Pass collision
- Fallon's high of 107 shatters record
- Update: Not a meteor: Chinese rocket re-enters atmosphere near California