A small brush fire, started by target shooting, burned a quarter-acre Friday afternoon.The fire, reported at 1:25 p.m. at the top of Goni Road, took about half an hour to completely extinguish, Acting Battalion Chief Scott Baker said.The men were shooting legal ammunition in a legal place to shoot, Baker said.The shooting caught a little bit of cheatgrass on fire.“They tried to put it out,” he said. When their efforts proved unsuccessful, they called 911.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City