A small brush fire, started by target shooting, burned a quarter-acre Friday afternoon.The fire, reported at 1:25 p.m. at the top of Goni Road, took about half an hour to completely extinguish, Acting Battalion Chief Scott Baker said.The men were shooting legal ammunition in a legal place to shoot, Baker said.The shooting caught a little bit of cheatgrass on fire.“They tried to put it out,” he said. When their efforts proved unsuccessful, they called 911.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract