A small brush fire, started by target shooting, burned a quarter-acre Friday afternoon.The fire, reported at 1:25 p.m. at the top of Goni Road, took about half an hour to completely extinguish, Acting Battalion Chief Scott Baker said.The men were shooting legal ammunition in a legal place to shoot, Baker said.The shooting caught a little bit of cheatgrass on fire.“They tried to put it out,” he said. When their efforts proved unsuccessful, they called 911.
- The voices of Western Nevada College: Morres, Graham reflect on their time with Wildcat athletics
- Briefs filed with 9th Circuit in 1995 Carson City murder case
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of felony domestic battery
- Carson City RACC approves 1 applicant for facade program
- The meaning of relationships and hopes