130 Years AgoAll sorts: The Reno people paid Prof. Marsh $1,000 to make a report on the Prison tracks. He designated them as being the work of a sloth. This is the first step toward moving the Prison to Reno...120 Years AgoFate of mine discoverers: Superstition is prevalent in the gold fields of the West that the discoverer of a rich find is sure to meet a violent end... Out of the 40 or less 12 were shot or stabbed to death in saloons, five committed suicide, three were engulfed by landslides, five turned murderers and one fell into a boiling spring...70 Years AgoThe Carson Theater announces “bargain night” on Tuesday evenings. The price of a movie will be reduced to 11 cents for children and 25 cents for adults. Manager Bowen states he will show bigger and better pictures during the week...50 Years AgoBirths: Mr. and Mrs. Roy Kidder of Carson City are parents of a girl...30 Years AgoPhoto caption: Richard Tosaw of Ceres, Calif., watches as Brian Ingram of Highland, Calif., shows where he found a part of “D.B. Cooper’s” hijacking ransom buried in the sand by the Columbia River...10 Years AgoThe first American Indian astronaut, John Herrington of the Chickasaw Nation, helped install a $390 million girder on the international space station...• Sue Ballew is the daughter of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
- 2016 Wally Adams Carson Valley Youth Day is May 21 at P&K Ranch in Gardnerville
- Former players, coaches react to end of Western Nevada College baseball
- Closed private road near Carson City's Mexican Dam raises questions
- Fallen Carson City Deputy Carl Howell added to Nevada Police Officers Memorial
- Senate approves amendment to deal with western drought