The Elks National Foundation is accepting applications for the “Most Valuable Student” scholarship available at www.elks.org/enf/scholars or from high school counselors and are to be completed and returned to Tahoe/Douglas Elks Lodge or school counselors by Dec. 7.Legacy scholarships are available at www.elks.org/enf and are limited to children, grandchildren and other close relatives of active Elk members. Scholarships to be distributed by the local branch can be applied for by contacting the Tahoe/Douglas Elks Lodge or scholarship chairman Bob Haug at 775-265-7900 and must be completed and turned into Tahoe/Douglas Elks Lodge, 1227 Kimmerling Road, Gardnerville, NV or P.O. Box 143, Minden, NV 89423-0143 by March 28, 2013.For more information, call 775-265-5483.
- Extreme Motor Officer Training event held at Carson City's Mills Park
- Aladdin Jr. takes flight in Carson City
- Mound House company fires back against waste dumping charges
- Western Nevada College's partnership with Panasonic creates job opportunities for students
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested after stabbing another man during a fight