The Elks National Foundation is accepting applications for the “Most Valuable Student” scholarship available at www.elks.org/enf/scholars or from high school counselors and are to be completed and returned to Tahoe/Douglas Elks Lodge or school counselors by Dec. 7.Legacy scholarships are available at www.elks.org/enf and are limited to children, grandchildren and other close relatives of active Elk members. Scholarships to be distributed by the local branch can be applied for by contacting the Tahoe/Douglas Elks Lodge or scholarship chairman Bob Haug at 775-265-7900 and must be completed and turned into Tahoe/Douglas Elks Lodge, 1227 Kimmerling Road, Gardnerville, NV or P.O. Box 143, Minden, NV 89423-0143 by March 28, 2013.For more information, call 775-265-5483.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City