Kathy Wolfe and Evelyn Banfield of Carson City will host a holiday cookie exchange from 2-4 p.m. Sunday to amass at least 40 dozen cookies to send to troops deployed in Afghanistan.Wolfe, whose husband is a chief warrant officer 4 due to return home sometime in the spring, has already sent a few boxes of treats.“My husband said some soldiers don’t get anything. This is a perfect way for the community to show their appreciation and give back,” Wolfe said.Participants will bring four dozen cookies or candies each, two dozen to swap and two dozen to send overseas. Along with the treats, the group will contribute a holiday card thanking the troops of 593 Transportation Company.Wolfe and Banfield will accept cookies in advance and are asking for cash contributions to help with shipping costs.“We know we’re doing something to bring a smile to their face. It makes me proud to be a Carson City resident,” Wolfe said.To contribute, call Evelyn Banfield at 775-887-9124 or Kathy Wolfe at 775-882-3206.
- Highway 50 crash at Sheckler injures 2 drivers
- Northern Nevada Correctional Center inmates helping grow sagebrush to restore grouse habitat
- Fallon man receives maximum sentence for I-80 crash
- Proposed Carson City development to be scaled back
- Carson City Assemblyman P.K. O'Neill doesn't attend GOP meeting to defend tax vote