(AP) — A nonprofit environmental group has presented a check for $12,850 to help fund part of a bike path along Lake Tahoe.The check from Tahoe Fund was presented Monday to the Tahoe Transportation District for the Rabe Meadow Bike Path, a key segment of a proposed bike and pedestrian route around Lake Tahoe.The initial one-mile Rabe Meadow segment is part of a stretch that will extend from the Nevada-California line to Round Hill Pines Resort near Zephyr Cove. Officials say it will provide a direct connection from the South Shore’s major tourist and lodging corridor to several residential, shopping, school, and beach areas. Tahoe Fund is a nonprofit established to raise support and money for projects that enhance environmental, recreational and educational programs at Lake Tahoe.
- Obama promises no apology to Japan
- Carson High School Culinary Arts teacher Penny Reynolds calls it a wrap
- Carson City Planning Commission to take up growth management; medical marijuana; Little Lane development
- Downtown Carson City businesses plan big changes
- Downtown Carson City October paving schedule changed