(AP) — A nonprofit environmental group has presented a check for $12,850 to help fund part of a bike path along Lake Tahoe.The check from Tahoe Fund was presented Monday to the Tahoe Transportation District for the Rabe Meadow Bike Path, a key segment of a proposed bike and pedestrian route around Lake Tahoe.The initial one-mile Rabe Meadow segment is part of a stretch that will extend from the Nevada-California line to Round Hill Pines Resort near Zephyr Cove. Officials say it will provide a direct connection from the South Shore’s major tourist and lodging corridor to several residential, shopping, school, and beach areas. Tahoe Fund is a nonprofit established to raise support and money for projects that enhance environmental, recreational and educational programs at Lake Tahoe.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City