The Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada in Carson City plans several events the weekend of Dec. 15-16, including seasonal theatrical performances.The Performing Arts Project of Northern Nevada will be performing “Christmas in Snowflake County - Hope in a Humble Stable” at 6:30 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday on those dates. Tickets for the holiday story, retold with singing and dancing in a musical theater style, are $12 for adults and $6 for children aged 4-12. Tickets are available by telephoning the performing arts project at 267-4446 or the museum at 884-2226. The children’s museum is located at 813 N. Carson St.From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15, the museum will have its first annual holiday craft sale. Carson City pottery housed at the museum will be featured. Staff and students will give demonstrations and sell work for holiday purchases. In addition, the museum gift shop will have a single-day sale with 20 percent off for purchases by museum members, 10 percent for non-members.From 11 a. m. to 2 p.m. that same Saturday, Santa and Mrs. Claus will make a visit and be available for photographs taken with children. The Claus couple will also be decorating cookies.Admission to the craft and gift shop sale is free; for the Santa visit there is a charge of $5 for adults, $4 for seniors and $3 for children.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City