The Division of Parole and Probation targeted 35 sex offenders living in rural Nevada on Dec. 9, netting four offenders who were out of compliance with conditions they’re required to meet, such as not possessing any pornographic materials.Parole and Probation, a division of the Nevada Department of Public Safety, worked with detectives from the state Investigation Division to do the checks, according to the division.“Operation Weekend Check” was put into place to “increase the level of public safety and verify offender compliance,” according to the division. Officers contacted offenders at their homes, conducting home searches in some cases, and also contacted their employers.Of the 35 offenders who were targeted, officers were able to make contact with 31 of them. Multiple computers and a cell phone were seized, to be used as evidence.Communities in which the targeted offenders live included, among others, Dayton, Yerington, Fallon, Fernley, Silver Springs, Gabbs and Stagecoach.
- Fallon man killed in rollover
- Memorial Day 2016: Carson City honors those who gave their lives for our freedoms
- 2nd annual Carson City Battle of the Badges blood drive Wednesday
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to consider connection fee increases for new users
- Technology plus insurance aid disaster recovery