Andrew Patrick Costa, Jr passed away on December 11, 2012 after enduring several challenging months of recovery from major surgeries. Andy lived in Gardnerville, Nev. since 1972 and his love for the Carson Valley developed over some 25 years with the Douglas County School District, serving as its Maintenance Supervisor until retirement. Andy was a regular at Sharkey's and numerous other places around Minden/Gardnerville and his many friends will celebrate Andy's life for many years to come. Andy was born in Niles, Calif. on Sep. 19, 1932 to Mary and Andy, Sr. and he never lost his love for the Bay Area. Andy is preceded in death by his parents, Andrew and Mary Costa; son, Lenny; and daughter, Andrea. He is survived by his wife, Clydie Ann; his loving sons, Harold, Ronnie (wife, Marsha), Troy and Warren (wife, Illena); as well as his prized daughters, Charlene and Lisa (husband, Jerry Pritchard); numerous grand children and great grand children. There will be no memorial services for Andy at his and the family's request. In lieu of flowers, the family is looking into planting a tree on Hwy 395 or a park bench in the valley he so dearly loved. There is an account set up at any of the Greater Nevada Credit Union locations under Clydie & Andy Costa.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities