Ronnal Earl Chancellor, a resident of Carson City for over ten years, took his life in Ontario, Calif. Nov. 16, 2012. He was born in Texas to Earl & Billie Chancellor. He is survived by his sister, Kay Garrison of Carrollton, Texas; nieces, Michelle Blount, Shanna Tucker, Ashley Garrison; a daughter, Renee Bochman; two grandsons, Cam & Dylan Bochman and his finance, Mary Burgoon of Carson City. Ron was employed by the Carson Nugget for ten years. He served as Director of Casino Operations under Star Anderson, General Manager, for the past four and a half years. He was generous and kind to all, respected and loved by many. He loved his work and took care of his casino family. Ron previously lived in Chicago, New York, Florida, Las Vegas and Reno, spending two years at the Atlantis Casino as chief engineer. Upon discovering Carson City, he fell in love with it and made it his home. He loved driving his big truck and discovering beautiful parts of California & Nevada. He also wrote novelettes and blogs. There will be a Celebration of his life on Friday, Dec. 28th at the Carson Nugget in the Sierra Room at 3 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in Ron’s name to FISH in Carson City.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Snowshoe Tahoe: Get away from the crowds and embrace Mother Nature