Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for Dec. 6. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:• Red’s Old 395 Grill, 1055 S. Carson St., scored 93 points. Holding temperatures of potentially hazardous foods at multiple make-up tables were found to be greater than 40 degrees. Observed improper cooling of a large volume of soup and cognac sauce. Ice baths around condiments were low. Foods were stored directly on top of other foods within the walk-in cooler. Small quantities of foods kept on the line were combined with fresh foods. Observed staff using bare hands to assemble sandwiches and salads. Floor sink under the pizza prep area is overflowing.• Red’s Old 395 Grill Bar/Lounge, 1055 S. Carson St., scored 97 points. Ready-to-eat bar snacks are served and stored in a way that promotes cross-contamination. Ice scoop is not stored properly.• JM Gasoline, 1321 N. Carson St., scored 96 points. Ice bagged for sale did not have labels showing the store name and address. A supply of paper towels was not present in the public toilet room.• JM Discount Liquor, 1501 E. Fifth St. #102, scored 95 points. Bags of ice for sale were not labeled as required showing the store name and address. A supply of paper towels was not present in the employee restroom. Outside garbage or refuse containers did not have a cover as required.
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to look at RV parking ordinance
- Abel Carter's 6 TDs lead Carson football to season-opening win over Desert Mountain
- Tree planting begins as downtown Carson City work hits homestretch
- Senator Square: Carson High School students, teachers helping out
- Carson notebook: NFL MVP Warner teaches Senators to overcome adversity