Paulita "Polly" Turbeville Strom, 84, passed away on Monday evening, Dec. 10, 2012, in her Carson City home surrounded by family. Polly was born in Monterey Park, Calif. on Oct. 28, 1928; and married the love of her life, Richard "Dick" Strom in 1947. Dick, Polly, and daughter Karen moved to Lake Tahoe in 1967, where Polly worked at Harrah's Stateline for 35 years, as a bookkeeper and office manager in the food and beverage department. Polly & Dick moved to Minden in 1990 and then to Carson City in 1999.Paulita was preceded in death by her husband, of 62 years, Richard; two brothers, Richard and Howard; and one sister, Viola. She is survived by her daughter, Karen Lee Putt; two grandchildren, Michele Paulita Putt and Kristina Viola Putt; two great grandchildren, Richard John Putt, and Michael Christopher Putt; her nephews: Ron Corbin and his wife, Joan, Don Corbin and his wife, Susie, Joel L. Anderson and his wife, Catherine, and niece: Carole Terry.The family wishes to thank the wonderful people at the ICU of Carson Tahoe Hospital and the people of Saint Mary's Hospice for their caring assistance during her last days.A brief, private memorial gathering will be held for family and friends. In lieu of flowers, please send a donation to your favorite charity.
- Extreme Motor Officer Training event held at Carson City's Mills Park
- Western Nevada College's partnership with Panasonic creates job opportunities for students
- Mound House company fires back against waste dumping charges
- Aladdin Jr. takes flight in Carson City
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested after stabbing another man during a fight