James and Shirley “Gill” Boucher of Carson City celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary Thursday.The Bouchers were married on Dec. 20, 1952, in Newport, Rhode Island. Jim was stationed in Newport with the United States Navy aboard the USS Hunt DD-214. Shirley was a telephone operator. After 18 moves from Naval transfers and a tour in Vietnam, Jim retired from the Navy. They settled in Carson City in 1984. Jim worked at several casinos and Chromalloy of Nevada as a security officer and Shirley worked as an activities director at Sierra Convalescent Center.The Bouchers have five children, Theresa, James Jr., Kelly, Mary and Brenda. They will celebrate their anniversary at the wedding of their son Jim to Heidi Trask, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Roger Trask of Chelsea, Maine.
- Navy must act quickly against personnel who defy oath
- Carson City Marine honored with Veteran of the Month
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder
- Mound House growing again after recession