In cooperation with Capital Sanitation/Waste Management Inc., Carson City will offer Christmas tree recycling from Dec. 31 through Jan. 4. Trees can be placed curbside on regular collection days or taken to the J.C. Penney parking lot; Carson City Landfill, 3600 Flint Dr.; Capital Sanitation, 5560 Sheep Drive; the North Town Plaza near Bully’s or between the Carson City Public Works Corporate Yard and Treatment Plant on Airport Road, previously Butti Way.Trees will be recycled into woodchips at the Carson City landfill and given to local residents free of charge. If trees are longer than six feet, cut them up into sections no longer than six feet. All decorations, lights, tinsel and bases from the trees must be removed before recycling. Flocked trees cannot be recycled.After Jan. 4, take Christmas trees to the Carson City Landfill for recycling. Trees left curbside after Jan. 4 will be disposed of as garbage and will need to be cut into three-foot sections so they will fit into the Waste Management trucks. For more information, call the Carson City Environmental Control Authority at 775-887-2355, ext. 7390, 7380 or 7376.
- Fallon man killed in rollover
- Memorial Day 2016: Carson City honors those who gave their lives for our freedoms
- 2nd annual Carson City Battle of the Badges blood drive Wednesday
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to consider connection fee increases for new users
- Technology plus insurance aid disaster recovery