The Carson City Sheriff's Office will maintain a high presence on the city's roadways through Jan. 2. According to a press release from the Carson City Sheriff's Office, deputies will increase patrols to detect impaired drivers.The office will focus on downtown Carson City which will have increased vehicle and foot traffic for the holiday. Citizens are always welcome to assist in keeping streets safe by reporting drivers suspected of being impaired. Call and report any suspected impaired drivers to the Carson City Dispatch Center, 775-887-2008. In an emergency you can call 911 and provide a direction of travel, vehicle description, license plate number, if possible. Callers can remain anonymous.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City