The Carson City Sheriff's Office will maintain a high presence on the city's roadways through Jan. 2. According to a press release from the Carson City Sheriff's Office, deputies will increase patrols to detect impaired drivers.The office will focus on downtown Carson City which will have increased vehicle and foot traffic for the holiday. Citizens are always welcome to assist in keeping streets safe by reporting drivers suspected of being impaired. Call and report any suspected impaired drivers to the Carson City Dispatch Center, 775-887-2008. In an emergency you can call 911 and provide a direction of travel, vehicle description, license plate number, if possible. Callers can remain anonymous.
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- 22 correction officers graduate from training
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Carter signs with Southwest Baptist