Carson City residents were optimistic about 2013 when asked Monday. While they soured about the economy, most expected the San Francisco 49ers to capture the Super Bowl. Feelings about the proposed narrowing of Carson Street were mixed as the city moves into a new year.Tami Jennings said she thinks narrowing will help revitalize downtown."It's a good idea," she said, adding that it will be best coupled with a finished freeway bypass.Lenae Dericco partially agreed. "No, not until the freeway's finished," she said to the idea of the corridor narrowing.Keith Croskery said it will be good for local business.On the other …
'I'm hopeful for everyone'
- Weather impact: I-580 back open in Washoe Valley; state workers sent home; WNC cancels classes
- Snow keeps falling, numerous crashes reported
- Jason Richard Thrift victim in fatal Gardnerville shooting
- Snow blankets Carson as cold front comes in
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested for allegedly knifing tires