United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra has received $486,828 in funding from the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board in efforts to provide shelter, food and supportive services for the nation’s hungry and homeless. Carson City recipients of part of the funding include Advocates to End Domestic Violence, $20,000; Friends in Service Helping, $8,354; Food Bank of Northern Nevada, $5,000; and St. Teresa of Avila Conference, $2,000.Last year, United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra received $429,300. Distribution of funds is dependent on local unemployment rates and other factors.For more information, call 775-322-8668 or go to www.uwnns.org.
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Capital City Arts Initiative hosting artist Zoe Bray Wednesday in Carson City
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Report: Harley-Davidson to re-open