United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra has received $486,828 in funding from the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board in efforts to provide shelter, food and supportive services for the nation’s hungry and homeless. Carson City recipients of part of the funding include Advocates to End Domestic Violence, $20,000; Friends in Service Helping, $8,354; Food Bank of Northern Nevada, $5,000; and St. Teresa of Avila Conference, $2,000.Last year, United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra received $429,300. Distribution of funds is dependent on local unemployment rates and other factors.For more information, call 775-322-8668 or go to www.uwnns.org.
- Timothy (Tim) Lee Jennings
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder
- Carson City boxing program brings benefits to those with Parkinson's disease clients (video)
- Street Vibrations at Battle Born Harley-Davidson (VIDEO)
- Vintage at Kings Canyon comes before Planning Commission Thursday