(AP) — President Barack Obama has re-nominated a Las Vegas judge for the federal bench in Nevada.But Nevada’s two U.S. senators remain split in their support for Clark County District Judge Elissa Cadish, leaving her nomination in question.Cadish was recommended for the post by Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid.But Republican Sen. Dean Heller last year blocked her from receiving a confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.Heller questioned her commitment to the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms.Heller’s office on Thursday said the senator’s views on her nomination haven’t changed.Reid has stood behind Cadish and says he hopes something can be worked out for her nomination to proceed.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Rusler catches on at William Penn