(AP) — President Barack Obama has re-nominated a Las Vegas judge for the federal bench in Nevada.But Nevada’s two U.S. senators remain split in their support for Clark County District Judge Elissa Cadish, leaving her nomination in question.Cadish was recommended for the post by Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid.But Republican Sen. Dean Heller last year blocked her from receiving a confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee.Heller questioned her commitment to the Second Amendment and the right to bear arms.Heller’s office on Thursday said the senator’s views on her nomination haven’t changed.Reid has stood behind Cadish and says he hopes something can be worked out for her nomination to proceed.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Monitor Pass collision
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested after leading deputies on chase
- Teen entrepreneurship program gives Boys & Girls Club members chance to help local businesses
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Bandaged bandit bank robbery suspect wrapped up by El Dorado authorities