The Carson City Sheriff’s Office is hosting stolen property viewings on Jan. 7 and Jan. 8 for victims burglarized in the past year.The viewings will be from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the sheriff’s office. Those wishing to view need only to ask at the front desk. Those who would like to view the property to determine if it is theirs is asked to have the case number from their burglary report ready when they come to view.Anyone with questions can contact Det. David LeGros at 775-283-7853.Some of the stolen property was originally found in the residence of man and woman on probation for theft, discovered by an astute parole and probation officer. The property found in their home on Dec. 11 was thought to be worth up to $300,000 and linked to a series of residential burglaries earlier in the year. “I found an extremely large amount of stolen property,” a sheriff’s detective wrote in a police report after the sheriff’s office had obtained a search warrant for the house. The report listed jewelry, coins, collectibles, and other items as allegedly stolen property.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Snowshoe Tahoe: Get away from the crowds and embrace Mother Nature