The Carson City Sheriff’s Office is hosting stolen property viewings on Jan. 7 and Jan. 8 for victims burglarized in the past year.The viewings will be from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the sheriff’s office. Those wishing to view need only to ask at the front desk. Those who would like to view the property to determine if it is theirs is asked to have the case number from their burglary report ready when they come to view.Anyone with questions can contact Det. David LeGros at 775-283-7853.Some of the stolen property was originally found in the residence of man and woman on probation for theft, discovered by an astute parole and probation officer. The property found in their home on Dec. 11 was thought to be worth up to $300,000 and linked to a series of residential burglaries earlier in the year. “I found an extremely large amount of stolen property,” a sheriff’s detective wrote in a police report after the sheriff’s office had obtained a search warrant for the house. The report listed jewelry, coins, collectibles, and other items as allegedly stolen property.
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Video: Carson City leadership discusses water, roads and growth in Q&A
- Prep roundup: Big day for Pradere, Schulz
- Memories of Wildcat athletics: Reason to be proud of 'Harvard on the Hill'
- Nevada Attorney General argues challenge to vouchers program doesn't violate constitution