The Carson City Citizen’s Academy is taking applications for its next session, which starts Feb. 6.“If you are interested in law enforcement or have wondered how the sheriff’s office operates, this is an opportunity to experience the wide range of duties (officers perform),” said Volunteer Coordinator Ken Smith.“Participants will learn about patrol operations, arrest procedures, defensive tactics and units specializing in abatement, illegal drugs and reducing graffiti.” The academy is held 6-9 p.m. Wednesday nights until March 27.The academy is open to adults, 18 and older, although Smith advised it may be of particular interest to senior citizens. The class is free but seating is limited.The deadline for completed applications is Feb. 5. More information and applications are available at the sheriff’s office at 911 E. Musser St. or by contacting Smith at 775-880-2020.
- Aladdin Jr. takes flight in Carson City
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested after stabbing another man during a fight
- Mound House company fires back against waste dumping charges
- Extreme Motor Officer Training event held at Carson City's Mills Park
- Supreme Court sends Nevada search & seizure case back