PETALUMA, Calif (AP) — Hundreds of people turned out for a candlelight vigil in memory of a 19-year-old Northern California woman who was found dead after disappearing on New Year’s Eve at Lake Tahoe.The Press Democrat of Santa Rosa reports that more than 400 people — including classmates, co-workers, friends and family — attended the candlelight memorial at Petaluma’s Casa Grande High School Friday night. Byrne — of Petaluma — was last seen at a South Lake Tahoe casino where she was attending a music festival being held at a nearby community college.Authorities say her body was found by a utility worker Friday morning near a road on Tahoe’s south shore.Douglas County Undersheriff Paul Howell says Byrne may have tried to walk three miles in freezing weather from the festival to the hotel where she was staying, and became disoriented or lost.Neither foul play nor suicide is suspected.
- Nevada caucuses: Relevance magnified by New Hampshire primary results
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Carson finishes perfect league season