A food-grade milling machine overheated, causing a fire in the ductwork at Aloha Medicinals Tuesday night.The building in the 2300 block of Arrowhead Drive suffered no damage.The call came in at 5:35 p.m. Tuesday night, Carson City Fire Department Battalion Chief Eric Bero said.Bero said the milling machine overheated, catching itself on fire, which led to embers in the machine's dust collection system. That ductwork, with its series of flammable filters, caught fire. The building is equipped with a sprinkler system but it did not spray because the dust collection system did its job of containing the fire.It took fire crews 40 minutes to take apart the machinery to get at the fire and put it out, he said.Bero said the estimated damage to the machinery is $45,000.The fire was called in by a person in the building.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson not open for business
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of battery on a peace officer
- Hillary Rodham Clinton takes on western issues, Syrian refugees
- Carson City church feeds those in need
- No serious injuries after Carson City School bus involved in an accident