A man being served a warrant led police on a foot pursuit, which led to a man barricading himself in a Carson City residence Tuesday night.John Vallerio, 22, barricaded himself in a house near Silver Sage Drive and Roventini Way, Sheriff Ken Furlong said. The man is wanted on warrants out of Carson City, Douglas County and Placer County, Calif.Deputies originally tried to arrest him on warrants. He fled, leading to a short chase, and then barricaded himself in a house on Silver Sage Drive. The Special Weapons And Tactics team was called in at 6:15 p.m. and used tear gas to extricate Vallerio. Once the SWAT team had deployed the tear gas, Vallerio came out uneventfully at 8:08 p.m., Furlong said.Three dogs in the house were unharmed in the incident.“The dogs are safe and sound,” Furlong said.Although Vallerio was a resident of the house on Silver Sage Drive, he is only a guest.The warrants out of Placer County are related to burglary, Furlong said. Vallerio is also facing possible charges of eluding and obstructing out of Carson City.
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of felony domestic battery
- Easton promoted in Department of Administration
- Nevada Supreme Court asked to block commerce tax referendum
- Donations sought for deployed soldier
- The voices of Western Nevada College: Morres, Graham reflect on their time with Wildcat athletics