Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for Dec. 28. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:• Jenny Craig Weight Loss Center, 444 E. William St., scored 100 points.• Kim Lee’s Sushi & Teriyaki Oyster Bar, 319 N. Carson St., scored 98 points. The non-food contact surfaces of equipment under the soda machine were not clean. A tile behind the counter was broken exposing the floor underneath to accumulation of debris.• Laundry Lounge, 1300 E. Fifth St., scored 100 points.• Taqueria Fuentes, 3391 E. Highway 50, scored 96 points. An accurate metal stem thermometer was not available to check food temperatures. The two thermometers present did not work. Enchilada sauce was found stored in the refrigerator without a cover. A non-NSF certified microwave oven was being used. This must be replaced with an NSF certified unit as soon as possible.• The Cracker Box, 402 E. William St., scored 98 points. Found dairy products in the under counter refrigerator between 45-46 degrees and not at 40 degrees or less as required.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract