Youth Theatre Carson City will present performances of “Aladdin and His Wonderful Magical Lamp” in Carson City this weekend and in Virginia City Jan. 18.The adaptation of the classic tale will be performed Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m., and again Sunday at 2 p.m. in the Bob Boldrick Theater at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.The single Virginia City staging will be at 7 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 18, in Piper’s Opera House at 12 N. B St. in the Storey County community.Tickets cost $12 for general admission, $10 for seniors and students.Youth Theatre Carson City, founded by Northern Nevada native Andie Anderson, features a cast and crew with more than 70 local area children ages five to 18 in the Aladdin production.The musical fantasy stars Jackson Jensen, 13, and Serena Dantzler, 10, both of Carson City, in the title role of Aladdin. Youth Theatre Carson City is a youth production company operating primarily at the Carson City Community Center as part of Carson City’s recreation department.
- Obama promises no apology to Japan
- Carson High School Culinary Arts teacher Penny Reynolds calls it a wrap
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon
- Downtown Carson City October paving schedule changed
- Carson City Planning Commission to take up growth management; medical marijuana; Little Lane development