The Carson City Sheriff’s Office is hosting stolen property viewings on Monday and Tuesday, Jan. 14-15, for victims burglarized in the past year.The viewings will be from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the sheriff’s office. Those wishing to view need only to ask at the front desk. Those who would like to view the property to determine if it is theirs are asked to have the case number from their burglary report ready when they come in.Anyone with questions can contact Det. David LeGros at 775-283-7853.Some of the stolen property was spotted by a parole and probation officer during a Dec. 11 visit to the residence of man and woman on probation for theft. The property found there, thought to be worth up to $300,000, was linked to a series of residential burglaries earlier in the year. “I found an extremely large amount of stolen property,” a sheriff’s detective wrote in a police report after officers got a warrant and searched the home. The report listed jewelry, coins, collectibles and other items as allegedly stolen property.
- The Popcorn Stand: Leave wild horses alone
- Orphaned Tahoe bear cubs flourish at Reno rescue
- Carson City 11s strike out Truckee for win
- Carson City group working to keep Andersen Ranch undeveloped
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested for defecating in public; another man arrested on felony robbery charges