Alan Earl Barney was born in Indiana to James and Patricia Barney of Carson City. Alan passed away unexpectedly at his home in Carson City on Dec. 7. Alan had a Bachelor's degree in Engineering. He worked for the City of Reno in the Public Works department and recently retired this last September. He loved the outdoors, camping, fishing, riding quads, and was an avid marksmen. Alan had a very kind and generous heart and was very giving to everyone he knew. He is survived by his two sons, Ryan Alan and Justin Scott Barney; and his sister, Ayn Christ. His Celebration of life will be held at the California Building which is located in Idlewild Park in Reno, Saturday Jan. 19th from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Nevada caucuses: Relevance magnified by New Hampshire primary results
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Carson finishes perfect league season