Tahoe Lobster Co., the first commercial fishing operation to come to Lake Tahoe since the 1930s, drew national attention, but it’s also worried some regional outfitters who say fish like the trout and mackinaw rely on the crawfish for food. Gene St. Denis, operator of Blue Ribbon Fishing Charters, started fishing Lake Tahoe in 1981. A trophy trout and light tackle specialist, St. Denis said 50 to 70 percent of the fish he reels in have crawfish in their stomachs. “They’re a significant food source for the freshwater fish of Tahoe. Saying the crawdads aren’t a primary food source for …
Sportfishing outfitters voice their concerns about Tahoe Lobster Co.
- Weather impact: I-580 back open in Washoe Valley; state workers sent home; WNC cancels classes
- Snow keeps falling, numerous crashes reported
- Jason Richard Thrift victim in fatal Gardnerville shooting
- Snow blankets Carson as cold front comes in
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested for allegedly knifing tires