Rita Mary Dean, 85, of Carson City, Nev. passed away on Dec. 24th, 2012. She was born to James and Bernadine Madigan on June 10, 1927 in Chicago, Ill. She married the love of her life, Wayne Dean on May 5, 1955 in Raton, N.M. Rita enjoyed the public, she was cashier at the Ormsby House Buffet and later at The Carson Station Coffee Shop where she became friends with many customers. She is survived and greatly missed by her daughters, Linda Dent, Donna Knight of Colo. Kathy Dean of Nev.; sons, Tom Dean, Michael Dean of Colo., Pat Dean of Okla. and David Dean of Nev. Sister, Delores Huyler of Nev.; brothers, Tom Madigan of Ill and Robert Madigan of Calif. She will also be missed by her 9 grandchildren; and 3 great grandchildren; numerous relatives and friends. A celebration of her life will be held on Jan. 19 at 11 a.m. at the First Presbyterian Church 306 W. Musser in Carson City, Nev.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities