RSVP Carson City volunteers will distribute free USDA Commodity Foods from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.To be eligible, Carson City families only must sign an “issuance sheet” at the Community Center certifying that their household’s annual income does not exceed federal poverty guidelines, which are a monthly gross income of $1,396.25 for a single person and $1,891.25 for a couple. For each additional household member add $495. Proof of Carson City residency is required and a picture ID or drivers license must be provided. Food may be picked up for the homebound or those unable to attend by bringing a signed note from them and their picture ID. Persons declaring overly large families for commodities will be asked for proof of family members. This month’s commodity foods include beef, applesauce, macaroni, cream of chicken soup, mixed fruit, frozen peaches, orange juice, dry pinto beans and chicken leg quarters.For more information, call 775-688-2828 or 775-687-4680, ext. 0.
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Capital City Arts Initiative hosting artist Zoe Bray Wednesday in Carson City
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Report: Harley-Davidson to re-open
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday