For years I’ve been fascinated by parents who support their offspring even when the most repulsive crimes have been committed, as in the case of Colorado’s “Joker” alleged killer, James Holmes. His parents have said they’re standing behind him.I am well aware of biblical admonitions against judging others — “Judgment is the Lord’s.” But as parents, aren’t we expected to judge our children’s behavior by approving, disapproving, correcting and guiding them as they grow? For more years than I care to remember, I’ve watched parents ever more frequently allowing their kids to get away with everything short of mayhem without …
Bob Thomas: Does parental love, or guilt, justify forgiveness?
- Dayton boy killed in gun accident remembered as vibrant, fun
- Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested in Carson City on felony fugitive-of-justice warrant
- Carson High School seniors present final projects to community panels
- Northern California quake felt by Carson residents
- Airport to get military aircraft museum