(AP) — A legislative subcommittee created to evaluate whether certain Nevada boards and commissions are worth keeping is recommending three be abolished.A final report released Friday by the Sunset Subcommittee of the Legislative Commission says the Committee on Co-Occurring Disorders and the Nevada Commission on Sports should be terminated. Neither has met in recent years. In addition, the panel recommends the functions of the Nevada Funeral Board be transferred to the state Health Division.Nineteen boards are recommended to continue. The panel suggests that seven others, including the Board of Wildlife Commissioners, be retained but with further review of their structure. Critics of the wildlife board had pushed for the agency to be folded into the Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to look at RV parking ordinance
- Abel Carter's 6 TDs lead Carson football to season-opening win over Desert Mountain
- Tree planting begins as downtown Carson City work hits homestretch
- Senator Square: Carson High School students, teachers helping out
- Carson notebook: NFL MVP Warner teaches Senators to overcome adversity