(AP) — A legislative subcommittee created to evaluate whether certain Nevada boards and commissions are worth keeping is recommending three be abolished.A final report released Friday by the Sunset Subcommittee of the Legislative Commission says the Committee on Co-Occurring Disorders and the Nevada Commission on Sports should be terminated. Neither has met in recent years. In addition, the panel recommends the functions of the Nevada Funeral Board be transferred to the state Health Division.Nineteen boards are recommended to continue. The panel suggests that seven others, including the Board of Wildlife Commissioners, be retained but with further review of their structure. Critics of the wildlife board had pushed for the agency to be folded into the Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
- Carson High School Culinary Arts teacher Penny Reynolds calls it a wrap
- Carson City Planning Commission to take up growth management; medical marijuana; Little Lane development
- Downtown Carson City businesses plan big changes
- Working to bring disc golf to Carson City
- Tip leads to multiple Carson City drug arrests