130 Years AgoThe young ladies of the Episcopal Church will give a dancing party at the Opera House. Hall & Meder’s full band will be there. Admission 50 cents, or $1 for a couple. The young ladies will offer attractions which are at present to be kept secret.120 Years AgoDelsarte: Miss Lamprey will organize classes in elocution and gymnastics... she will use dumb-bells, Indian war clubs, weights and Delsarte exercises (singing and declamation). She will teach until June and then plans to visit the Worlds Fair... 70 Years Ago Divorce laws: The National Catholic Welfare Association denounces the recent United States Supreme Court decision upholding Nevada divorce laws. 50 Years AgoTV Listings, now two channels: KCRL — “The Virginian,” “Hawaiian Eye,” “Eleventh Hour,” “Tonight.” KOLO — “I’ve Got a Secret,” “Wagon Train,” “Alfred Hitchcock,” “Dick Van Dyke” ...30 Years AgoCosmos, the nuclear-powered Soviet spy satellite, has been rapidly descending... Still no indication from U.S. Space trackers whether the orbiting two-ton chunk of satellite containing the nuclear reactor will burn up in the atmosphere or when or where it will hit... • Sue Ballew is the daughter of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to look at RV parking ordinance
- Abel Carter's 6 TDs lead Carson football to season-opening win over Desert Mountain
- Tree planting begins as downtown Carson City work hits homestretch
- Senator Square: Carson High School students, teachers helping out
- Carson notebook: NFL MVP Warner teaches Senators to overcome adversity