WASHINGTON - Declaring "our journey is not complete," President Barack Obama took the oath of office for his second term before a crowd of hundreds of thousands Monday, urging the nation to set an unwavering course toward prosperity and freedom for all its citizens and protect the social safety net that has sheltered the poor, elderly and needy."Our country cannot succeed when shrinking few do very well and a growing many barely make it," Obama said in a relatively brief, 18-minute address. "We believe that America's prosperity must rest upon the broad shoulders of a rising middle class," he added, …
Obama says 'America's possibilities are limitless'
- Weather impact: I-580 back open in Washoe Valley; state workers sent home; WNC cancels classes
- Snow keeps falling, numerous crashes reported
- Jason Richard Thrift victim in fatal Gardnerville shooting
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested for allegedly knifing tires
- Snow blankets Carson as cold front comes in