Gov. Brian Sandoval has named Stewart “Mac” Bybee director of Public Relations & Community Affairs.In that post he will oversee public affairs, community outreach and constituent services. He will also help with congressional and state legislative issues.Mary-Sarah Kinner will serve as communications director for the Governor’s Office, a post that matches her current service as press secretary.Sandoval poached Bybee from the staff of Sen. Dean Heller; he has worked for the past six years in Washington, D.C., during Heller’s House of Representatives service as well as the Senate.“Mac brings a wealth of knowledge from his years of experience working with Nevada and national media and I am pleased he has agreed to join my staff,” said Sandoval.Heller said Nevadans will continue to be well served by Bybee’s expertise.Bybee is a native Nevadan who grew up in Carson City and graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Video: Carson City leadership discusses water, roads and growth in Q&A
- Prep roundup: Big day for Pradere, Schulz
- Memories of Wildcat athletics: Reason to be proud of 'Harvard on the Hill'
- Nevada Attorney General argues challenge to vouchers program doesn't violate constitution