The First Presbyterian Church will host a benefit concert for the Capital City Community Band at 3 p.m. Sunday at 115 N. Division St.Admission is free with donations encouraged. All funds raised will pay required liability insurance and other expenses.“We remain dedicated to providing free musical entertainment but now have financial obligations we did not have in the past. This concert helps us to meet those new obligations while still providing free concerts to our community,” said Richard Doede, the founder and director of the band.The concert will feature some of the audience’s favorites from past concerts, including vocalist Stephanie Gansberg performing the Gershwin standard, “Someone To Watch Over Me” and a salute to the men and women of the Armed Forces.The band has been performing free concerts in the community since 1978 under the direction of the band’s founder, Richard Doede and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.For more information about the concert or the band, call Doede at 775-883-2219.
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- 22 correction officers graduate from training
- Carter signs with Southwest Baptist
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx