Due to an increase in the number of influenza cases in Carson City, Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center has decided to take precautions that include restrictions on visitations.Carson Tahoe Health said restrictions will prohibit children under age 12 from the second and third floors of the regional medical center. Siblings of newborn infants may be allowed in the Obstetrics Department after careful screening, but must remain in the patient room at all times.No more than two visitors at a time will be allowed in any patient room or emergency care area.People with respiratory symptoms are discouraged from visiting. If a visitation is granted, a mask must be worn and such visitors will be restricted to the patient’s room. One mask will be issued per visit.Visitation hours from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. will be enforced. This won’t apply to visitation of gravely ill patients, and other exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies