A 54-year-old Las Vegas man committed suicide by shooting himself in the head in front of a law firm on Mountain Street Wednesday morning.The man was an unemployed clerk who had worked for the Clark County School District, Carson City Sheriff’s Captain Ken Sandage said.“He was obviously depressed,” Sandage said, adding that the man had a note on his body indicating he was depressed.A call from the law firm to the sheriff’s office came in about 10:45 a.m. The man did not have an appointment at the firm and made no attempt to enter the building.“This was a traumatic event for everyone,” Mike Dyer, a partner at the law firm, said. “It was truly a tragedy.”Dyer said nobody in his office witnessed the suicide but did hear the shot. He added the sheriff’s office allowed the staff at the law firm to access the police chaplain, which was a tremendous help.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City