A 30-year-old Gardnerville man accused of abusing his two stepdaughters from October 2000 to March 2009 has pleaded not guilty to 12 counts of sexual assault on a child under 14 and lewdness with a child under 14.Jeffrey Volosin’s trial is set to start July 29 and last for eight days, excluding Tuesdays. He is accused of sexually assaulting or molesting the girls while he lived with them and their mother in a series of motels and apartments across Carson City.One of the victims said Volosin allegedly assaulted her from the time she was six years old until she was 12. Volosin was arrested last April.• A 24-year-old Carson City man pleaded guilty in district court to attempted home invasion after he kicked in the front door of a residence on Hot Springs Road and was confronted by the resident. Jason Curry was arrested Dec. 2, two apartment buildings away from the incident. He was positively identified by the victim. Sentencing was set for March 26.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities