A 45-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 300 block of Nye Lane on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after he allegedly walked through the front door of a man’s residence, waving a knife.John Barschat then started coming toward the victim, who ran around Barschat and out the door and down the steps of the apartment building, according to the report.The victim told detectives Barschat then allegedly threw the knife over a rail and onto the asphalt. The victim said he does not know Barschat or know why Barschat would enter his residence, according to the report.Barschat was also arrested on a Carson contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $21,206.
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Video: Carson City leadership discusses water, roads and growth in Q&A
- Prep roundup: Big day for Pradere, Schulz
- Memories of Wildcat athletics: Reason to be proud of 'Harvard on the Hill'
- Nevada Attorney General argues challenge to vouchers program doesn't violate constitution