A 45-year-old Carson City man was arrested in the 300 block of Nye Lane on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after he allegedly walked through the front door of a man’s residence, waving a knife.John Barschat then started coming toward the victim, who ran around Barschat and out the door and down the steps of the apartment building, according to the report.The victim told detectives Barschat then allegedly threw the knife over a rail and onto the asphalt. The victim said he does not know Barschat or know why Barschat would enter his residence, according to the report.Barschat was also arrested on a Carson contempt-of-court warrant. Bail was set at $21,206.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies