A Gardnerville man, arrested on suspicion of second-offense DUI and other charges, allegedly drove at least 60 mph on Fifth Street before turning onto Stewart Street, crashing into a center median and curb and finally stopping at Fairview Drive and South Carson Street.Carlos Cordova, 23, was allegedly speeding on Fifth Street when a deputy first encountered his vehicle. According to the arrest report, the deputy drove at speeds up to 75 mph trying to catch up with Cordova.When the deputy inventoried Cordova’s vehicle, he found an empty bottle of Cognac and the front wheel would not straighten out.Cordova was also arrested on suspicion of speeding 21 mph or more over posted limits, driving on a license revoked for DUI, reckless driving and driving with an open container of alcohol. Bail was set at $4,760.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract