A veteran of health care policy has been named deputy director of the Department of Health and Human Services.The appointment of Amber J. Joiner was announced Thursday by department Director Mike Willden and is effective immediately.Joiner is former director of government relations for the Nevada State Medical Association. She also worked six years as an analyst with the Legislative Counsel Bureau, providing research and policy analysis for legislative committees on various health and service issues.She holds a bachelor’s degree in political science and speech communications from the University of Nevada, Reno. She also has a master’s in communication from the University of Maryland, and is nearing completion of a doctorate in public health administration.Willden says Joiner’s experience will be a valuable asset to the department.
- Navy must act quickly against personnel who defy oath
- Carson City Marine honored with Veteran of the Month
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder
- Mound House growing again after recession