Youth Theatre Carson City has announced auditions are Feb. 9 for a production of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “Cinderella.”Roles are available for children ages 5-18, with the auditions slated for the second Saturday in February in the Sierra Room at the Carson City Community Center beginning at 10 a.m.The show is scheduled for the weekend of April 5-7 in the Bob Boldrick Theater in the Community Center, which is at 851 E. William St. There is a tuition charge of $100 for the program. Scholarships are available. Auditioners should prepare a song lasting one minute, as well as be prepared for movement and dance.The cast selected will include the parts for Cinderella, the prince, the wicked stepmother and stepsisters, the fairy godmother and others.The Youth Theatre group is part of the city’s Recreation Department and operates primarily at the Community Center.For more information, people may visit www.youththeatrecarsoncity.com or contact the director, Andie Anderson, at 775-315-2502.
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Capital City Arts Initiative hosting artist Zoe Bray Wednesday in Carson City
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Report: Harley-Davidson to re-open