William Francis Ventura passed away after a long illness on Jan. 23rd, 2013. He is survived by his wife of 48 years, Beverly Ventura; two stepdaughters, Lelana Ferrando of Moundhouse, Nev. and Lorna Patten of Carson City, Nev.; four grandchildren, Lisa Palermini, Nila Martinez, Shawn Patten & Brian Patten, 15 great-grandchildren & 5 great-great grandchildren.Mr. Ventura served in the Merchant Marines during WWII. He owned a barber shop in S. Lake Tahoe, served Douglas County as a deputy sheriff and retired from Bentley’s, NV.No formal services will be held at this time.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract