William Francis Ventura passed away after a long illness on Jan. 23rd, 2013. He is survived by his wife of 48 years, Beverly Ventura; two stepdaughters, Lelana Ferrando of Moundhouse, Nev. and Lorna Patten of Carson City, Nev.; four grandchildren, Lisa Palermini, Nila Martinez, Shawn Patten & Brian Patten, 15 great-grandchildren & 5 great-great grandchildren.Mr. Ventura served in the Merchant Marines during WWII. He owned a barber shop in S. Lake Tahoe, served Douglas County as a deputy sheriff and retired from Bentley’s, NV.No formal services will be held at this time.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City