(AP) - Officials in the Nevada Agency for Nuclear Projects religiously check their computers every Tuesday and Friday when they wake up because a pivotal ruling is expected from federal courts on whether a high level nuclear waste dump proposed for the state should proceed.The ruling could mean a difference of $7 million in the agency's annual budget - nearly $2 million of which it would request from the state. Executive Director Bob J. Hallstead says he doesn't expect the court to terminate the effort to license the Yucca Mountain repository so it is likely the fight against the 1987 …
Decades-long Yucca Mountain battle could flare up
- Trace Adkins' life an open book with 'A Personal Stand'
- Sportsman’s Warehouse official announces Carson City store
- Douglas County judge involved in fatal crash; investigation is ongoing
- Sportsman’s Warehouse opening at Carson Mall likely is set for spring
- Makeup artist ordered to get 13-year-old to school